Thursday, July 17, 2008

The girl and the figs...



The pie mission I am not only includes pies but also tarts and seeing these beautiful fresh figs, I could not resist the chance to make a fig galette. This recipe has a pate brisee crust - baked and folded in a rustic tart manner. The base is a ricotta with cardamom and orange and honey. The crust was baked, topped with the ricotta mixture and baked again. Finally fresh figs were added and drizzled with honey. The result was spectacular to see and to taste! Ah the beauty of ripe, fresh fruit. This was a complete success from start to finish.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I love the new blog! As soon as I saw this post I had a flashback to good 'ol book club and the 'Fig Eater' - hopefully the gallette was more appetizing than the book! IAlso - 'm going to add you to the "list of bloggers I know" on my own blog if that's ok.