Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts...




...all on a summer's day. Ah, I wanted to make a simple but beautiful summer dessert for two dear friends who came for dinner. I chose the raspberry tarts from my pies and tarts book and they were lovely. The crust was quite soft and easy to make. First, I had to mess up and add twice the amount of butter...so I promptly doubled the recipe. I used my tart pans and baked the shells fully. Then I put a layer of raspberry jam and a layer of chocolate and butter followed by topping them with fresh raspberries. I think nothing is more elegant and simple than fresh fruit on a tart. Not only were they easy to make and beautiful to look at but they tasted delicious! I think I will be making a lot of tarts in the future!

No comments: