Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Early Birthday Present: Cookies to Come

I received an early birthday present today from my mom and dad that came just in time for the holidays! I have had this on my Amazon wish list for a little while now and what I love about this cookie book is:

1) there's a photo of each cookie
2) the recipes are organized by texture: light and delicate, soft and chewy, crumbly and sandy, chunky and nutty, cakey and tender, crisp and crunchy, rich and dense.
3) there is a visual table of contents - with a small photo of each cookie.

Last year, Martha had a holiday cookie magazine (which I bought, of course) that was this same format but this is obviously an expanded version.

I highly recommend this book as a holiday gift for the foodie, baker, or wanna-be cookie maker in your life ($16.47 feels like a good deal here on Amazon)

4 comments:

audrey said...

i bought thius for a friend's birthday earlier this year, and immediately wished i'd bought one for myself! perhaps santa will oblige....

audrey said...

....and happy birthday!

Marc said...

If you can put aside your loyalty to your grandmother's molasses sugar cookie recipe, I highly recommend that you try the molasses-based and sugar-coated "chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies" in the Stewart book. They might be my favorite cookie of all time -- a symphony of flavors. I sometimes toss in a handful or two of cacao nibs for some extra zing.

Lauren said...

Thanks Marc...I will definitely try that recipe.