Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simply Beautiful: Fresh Fruit and Cakes

I am on the road this week and can't do any baking so I'm going to share last year's birthday cake for Justin and Kristi. This cake was from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook, in fact it was on the cover. My good friend, Brandy, had Martha sign it for me at a book signing in Minneapolis.

I love Martha Stewart and I would love love love to meet her someday...In the meantime, I will buy her magazine and bake her cakes and make her crafts! My inner Martha is strong...


Essentially this cake was two layer cakes that were cut into thinner layers

and layered with fresh whipping cream and berries.

As you can see, it was so easy and so beautiful...I think some of the most beautiful and delicious cakes I have seen have been made with fresh fruit.


It was a festive and happy birthday!

4 comments:

BookyG said...

Lauren, the cake looked lovely, and delicious, and it looked like it took quite a bit to create it. And I resent that it came from Martha Stewart, because I hate her; I'm sure I hate her as much as you love her. You see I don't wash my dish towels on a daily basis, and I know that if she knew I existed, she would judge me for it.

Nicola said...

beautiful, yum, and are they twins?

and G, i doubt she would resent you for it. i doubt she washes her dish towels everyday, either. in fact, i think martha once had a love for all things martha-ish, but probably hates it all now. and i bet she has someone wash her towels for her.

BookyG said...

I guess I would wash my towels everyday if I had someone to wash them for me.

Frankie B said...

Lauren, I think it's great that you emulate Martha's teachings. I hope you get to meet her some day. One piece of advice. If you do meet her, and she dispenses stock tips, please ignore them.