Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Dessert Gets Simple: Peppermint Chocolate Cake

I wanted to share this lovely holiday-inspired cake that is easy to make and delicious to eat! I like it so much that I have made it three years in a row! This recipe came from Everyday Food a few years ago and it is much easier than cookies (which take lots of baking time) and pie (which can be tricky).

As you can see, it has a dense crumb which makes it even more decadent! I also love it because:

1) it takes one pan

2) it looks fancier than it is

3) it is peppermint, which just tastes like Christmas!

One adjustment: for the frosting, cut the peppermint extract by half as not to overwhelm the cake. You can also melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave using 30 second intervals and stirring in between.

So, give this recipe a try. It will wow your guests!

1 comment:

Martha said...

I actually have that cake on my baking list for Christmas this year. :-) Good to know about the peppermint extract for the frosting.