Thursday, December 4, 2008

Look Alike Cookies that Don't Taste Alike


I made my first cookie from the Martha book and it had to be one that was quick and had ingredients that were already in the house. So I chose Grammy's Chocolate Cookies (click for recipe)...they look a lot like my grandma's molasses cookies and the chocolate gingerbread ones that Marc recommended, but these are a simple chocolate cookie with a great flavor and a beautiful "sparkly" appearance.

No molasses in these but you do roll them- these were in sanding sugar which is a coarser grade than regular sugar.

I made some batches chewy and baked a few more a little longer for crunchy texture. Thumbs up to this tasty and pretty cookie!

2 comments:

PleaseRecycle said...

Question for you Lauren- I've looked at the recipe and some people say it only turns out well if you use the silicone baking mats. What are your thoughts? Did you use those? Can you substitute parchment paper?

Sarah

Lauren said...

Ah, well I have never used a silicone mat for this and I can't remember if I used parchment paper as the recipe suggested. In fact, I am positive that I didn't. This recipe suggests parchment paper though. Lately, I have been using Pam for baking on my gingerbread and sugar cookies because sometimes they stick.