Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baking Magic After Midnight

Well, I know some of my best baking is done late at night and tonight was no exception as I finished my endeavor at 1:30AM. I started out with a plan to bake a strawberry tart with an orange zest and cream cheese base. I had a frozen tart crust in the freezer from the last time I made tart crust and I had a ball of pie crust dough.


But somehow one tart multiplied into 5 tarts and one peach galette with handcut leaves. The dough, which I made and froze a few weeks ago, was thawed and folded into a rustic tart. I handcut the tiny leaves.
I used a Full Belly Farm Egg to egg wash the crush.
The result was outstanding. This was the best galette I have ever made and I think I will experiment more with the handcut leaves on the crust. 
What about the other five strawberry tarts? Check out tomorrow's post...

No comments: