Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The "I Love My Mom" Strawberry Pie








I made this pie in May for my mom on Mother's Day. I recently discovered that I could get very creative with the crust and it led to this pie. Now, it wouldn't be a Lauren project without a few technical challenges to overcome:

1) I was up until 2AM the night before singing karaoke with our new karaoke system and my neighbors

2) I got up at 7AM to make the pie

3) I misread the recipe and didn't see the step about setting the pie for 4 hours in the fridge so I had to switch recipes.

3) I shortcutted the part where the berries and the sugar sit together and the water from the berries comes out

4) we took the pie before it was completely cooled on a three hour car ride to Yuba City

Despite the technical challenges, it was adequately thick and not too runny and delicious. It did make me a bit late for the three hour car drive which was the worst part. Sorry, Mom!! The moral of the story, get the pie done ahead of time and read the recipe more carefully.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I hope you start to name all your pies - just like the movie Waitress.