Monday, August 25, 2008

Cookie Cutter Splurge in the Heartland


Well, I went on a bit of a cookie cutter and baking supply binge in Minnesota this past weekend and I am so excited for a few up-and-coming projects!! First, I went to Lunds grocery store where I bought two sugars: cardamom sugar and hibiscus sugar. These are made by Golden Fig Epicurean in Minnesota and I can't find them anywhere else. I already have a lavender sugar and lemon rose sugar. All are great for topping sugar cookies.

Then I took a trip to Sweet Celebrations which is formerly known as Maid of Scandinavia, in Edina, MN. There I bought:
  • edible ivory pearls
  • non pareils for a butterfly cupcake project
  • mini tart pans
  • a mitten cookie cutter
  • two Christmas ornament cookie cutters
  • a birdhouse cookie cutter
  • a Christmas light bulb cookie cutter
  • and a large wedding cake cookie cutter
I cannot wait to bake these cookies! And finally, to top off the splurge, I saw Little House on the Prairie the Musical and bought the Little House Cookbook. It is an old cookbook that I once checked out from the library but I am going to make a lot of the recipes in it including butter, pancakes, ginger water, candy and more. Don't worry, they will make the blog.

Now I just need some days off to bake!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

It was so good to see you last weekend, I really miss having you in MN. I forgot to tell you about a cupcake blog you might like. Sadly, it has shut down, but you can still access all the recipes. Enjoy!
http://cupcakeblog.com/index.php