Monday, January 12, 2009

Coming Soon: In Search of the Perfect Scone... for Jam!


Mmm...we just came into some delicious spreadable fruit:
  • Summer Sweet Peach & Rose Geranium Conserve from June Taylor Jams
  • Blenheim Apricot Jam from We Love Jam
  • Apple Butter which was a homemade gift from Nonna C
  • Ginger Pear Preserve which also was a homemade gift from Nonna C
And of course, I need something delicious to spread it on! So I am looking for the perfect scone recipe that is slightly crumbly, flavorful but plain enough to deserve one of these lovely spreads. If you have a favorite recipe, please send it my way...in the meantime, I'm considering:

2 comments:

Nicola said...

oh, yay! i will be waiting! we have oodles of homemade jam just waiting for scones. and clotted cream!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till you find it. I might have to try the other recipes and I will send you my Granny's Irish Soda Bread recipe because it goes great with all things spreadable (especially butter). eh